Condensation

Report and discuss any problems, bugs, Fixes or warranty issues here

Condensation

Postby Minibrand » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:17 pm

I know that with the cold weather in the UK we have had for the last few months doesnt help, but my Cooper petrol is always misted on the front/rear screens & on the front windows. The rear is not too much of a problem, obviously, as the rear demister is used.
I am constantly having to use the front demister even after it has cleared only a few minutes before.
Never has a car misted up as much & as frequent (including the last 2 MINI's R53/R56) previously as this Countryman.
I am led to believe it is usually down to moisture inside the vehicle as found in older cars, (possibly leaks) but a brand new car seems to be a little unusual.
I have applied a "de-fog" agent on all windons but doesnt make a great deal of difference.

Has anyone had any condensation issues in there Countryman?
Minibrand

Re: Condensation

Postby all4owner » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:59 am

Hi

Ours suffers the same problem, I believe it has something to do with being stuck at Thorpe buried under snow probably with heater vents open.

I did discover last night that the heater was on recirculate. I was a bit suprised to discover that when the heater is switched to demist the recirculate indicator disappears so it is not possible to tell whether it is on demist and recirculate (if there is such a setting) or demist using external air.

I suspect that investing in a small dehumidifier will solve the problem or waiting untill we get a nice hot dry summer day with a light breeze and leaving it on the drive with the doors and windows open. Of course for security reasons I would have to sit next to it with a cold beer.
Cars
Mine -- Subaru Impreza STI - WRC Blue
Wife's -- Countryman Cooper S All4 - True Blue/ Chilli Pack/Black Roof/Sun Protection Glass
all4owner

Postby Minibrand » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:59 pm

I'm glad its not just me with the issue. I dont like to run the air con if I can help it when on warm up as the stop start doesnt function when the battery is on load.
Minibrand

Postby macrotech » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Yep, condensation in our car is problem as well.
macrotech

Postby kinman1 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:52 pm

I bought Countryman before they had one in the show room in 2010, because of all its specifications it impressed me, and fit my needs and usages. Since the day I drove off the car lot in the snow I have had all extremes of fogging and condensation on inside of windshield. Sometimes very serious problems with condensation when in hi humidity conditions winter or balmy summer. It is dangerous how severe it gets. The dealer is aware of this problem, but for two years avoids addressing, suggested Im using controls wrong, or that they cant seem to simulate so it does not exist. Interestingly the dealer never wants to put it on my sheet, so there will be now record of how many times I have inquired of this concern. I think there is a serious design flaw here, and its a dangerous problem. I have gotten recalls on sun visors, and other items of what I would call trivial problems, this condensation on the windows is real and its can cause serious visibility issues on highways where you cant simply pull off the road when it totally fogs up on you.
kinman1

Return to Problems, Bugs & Fixes