A puddle in my car!!

Report and discuss any problems, bugs, Fixes or warranty issues here

A puddle in my car!!

Postby gullaneman » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi All

I have had my countryman All four diesel for around 18months and been quite happy. Yesterday I notices that i had a puddle in the rear passenger footwell about 2cm deep. I contacted the dealer to book the car in to get it looked at. A bit confused i dryed up the puddle and tried to find the source of the leak, checked the door and the sunroof but no obvious sign of water coming in. This morning i drove into work, it wasn't raining but the road were wet, when I arrived at work i got something out the back seat and realised the puddle was back. This time I checked under the front seat car mat and this was soaking wet as well. I phoned the dealer, with my newly gained information and they said it sounds like a fault with the floor pan. I was just wondering if anyone one had, similar problems or heard of anyone with the same issue?

Cheers

Gullaneman
gullaneman

Re: A puddle in my car!!

Postby ShedWood » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:33 am

I think you are having the same problem as me - check out the previous post. At least I can see where it is coming in - it sounds like yours is happening on its own !! Maybe we both need to get this checked out !!
ShedWood

Re: A puddle in my car!!

Postby gullaneman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:33 am

Just an update, the car is now fixed, apparantly the leak was coming in through some faulty seal in the floor pan or something, the garage were a little hazy on the details. The car was away for around 2 weeks, they had to strip out the inside of the car, to replace the carpetsetc.. Needless to say very happy at getting the car back.
gullaneman

Return to Problems, Bugs & Fixes