Rain Comes Into Car From Drivers Seat

Report and discuss any problems, bugs, Fixes or warranty issues here

Rain Comes Into Car From Drivers Seat

Postby ShedWood » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:40 am

I have had my mini countryman cooper d since the end of June and I am really enjoying it. However there are a few bug bears and one big problem. Bug bears - cabin functionality is really awful - needs to be improved all style over substance and I hate the way that the auto box appears to jump when in reverse (can be really disconcerting).

My big problem is this; when it rains (and it does a lot in the North of England) the rain water sits on top of the roof/sills. When you open the door the vacuum created inside pulls the water in - and it ends up on the drivers seat (however carefully you open the door)

I am fed up with having a wet bottom - any suggestions of how to deal with it ?

Cheers :roll:
ShedWood

Re: Rain Comes Into Car From Drivers Seat

Postby Countryboy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:00 am

I am not sure what is going on with your Countryman as I have not experienced this problem with my SD All4 at all over 12 months of motoring and it has certainly been a wet year here in SW England. May be worth taking it back to the dealer to check out.
Countryboy

Re: Rain Comes Into Car From Drivers Seat

Postby DJC100 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:39 am

Have had similar experience. On occasions when opening the drivers door, water sat on the 'gutter' drips on to the drivers seat. Only seems to happen when the car is parked facing slightly up-hill. It's easy to flick the water away with your finger before opening the door - when I remember.
The auto box does have a slight 'jump' when reversing around a corner. I thought this was the ALL4 but perhaps not.

Car - Cooper D ALL4 Auto.
DJC100

Return to Problems, Bugs & Fixes