Usb/Aux Lead Problems

Report and discuss any problems, bugs, Fixes or warranty issues here

Usb/Aux Lead Problems

Postby babecorky » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi,

I purchased my new mini countryman a few weeks ago :) I bought the y lead so I can connect my iphone 4 to my car.. All works correctly however now and again on a journey it will disconnect ( sometimes one minute into the drive sometimes 20 minutes) I replaced the y lead incase the first lead had problems however I am still recieving problems.

Any Idears?

Thanks x
babecorky

Re: Usb/Aux Lead Problems

Postby Grammar51 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:52 am

Corky
Sorry, I cannot help you (but thought that I ought to at least give you the benefit of a reply!). My problem with the y-cable is that the stereo in the car does not recognise the cable and so plays the iPod through the 'Aux' connection, which means I cannot control the iPod from the car controls.
Grammar51

Postby macrotech » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:09 pm

We've now had two supposed iPod leads, both of which only work very intermittently in detecting the iPod.
macrotech

Postby babecorky » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Thanks, all working now.. I went to BMW and bought the lead from them (£42) and it is now working :)
babecorky

Postby Grammar51 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:22 pm

My problems were resolved when I went back to the Mini Parts Dept and explained that I was aware that there were two different Y-leads, depending on what radio you had in the car. To cut a long story short, when they then checked what they had previously sold me, they had to sheepishly admit that they had given me the wrong one!!
With the right cable, I could immediately connect my iPod to the car
Grammar51

Postby EnergyKid » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:14 am

Grammar51 wrote:My problems were resolved when I went back to the Mini Parts Dept and explained that I was aware that there were two different Y-leads, depending on what radio you had in the car. To cut a long story short, when they then checked what they had previously sold me, they had to sheepishly admit that they had given me the wrong one!!
With the right cable, I could immediately connect my iPod to the car

Hello there I know that 'm quite late posting in here and I'm sorry for that. Anyway just a heads up to what happened to you, I can say that you made a good decision. Rather than complaining why don't you go back to the Mini Parts Dept. Good decision :D
EnergyKid

Return to Problems, Bugs & Fixes