Interior Lights coming on

Report and discuss any problems, bugs, Fixes or warranty issues here

Interior Lights coming on

Postby Goffo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:39 pm

Hi All

Countryman Cooper D

Has anyone experienced the courtesy lights being on for no reason when arriving back at their car?

Had several instances & then you think is it me?
Goffo

Re: Interior Lights coming on

Postby Minimad » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi, I've noticed that several times I have got in the car and driven off and the interior lights (above the mirror) are still on. I have not noticed the lights on before I get into the car. Not mentioned it to the dealer as it is so infrequent I reckoned it would be hard to diagnose....
Minimad

Postby Goffo » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Yes that's exactly the same symptom on mine. When new I also had instances of the windows winding down on their own (like the comfort/convenience mode). For example i would get to the car in the garage & all windows would be open. I was definitely sure it wasn't me catching the key fob etc. So I got the dealer to remove the feature via software reprogram as there was a worry over security in it happening away from home? Software bugs????
Goffo

Postby Barney » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:05 pm

That was a fault on mine, they couldn't fix it either I rejected mine as it was the worst car ever! Dealer bought back and got a full refund at a total loss to them, funny enough I have never seen it for sale,
Barney

Postby Minimad » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:21 am

Barney, we know you had a bad experience but isn't it about time you you got over it and spent your time on Audi sites instead of repeating yourself to everyone who posts on this forum?

Audis are great cars (I've had several) and their service is excellent but I have also had seven MINIs and have no complaints about the cars or the (fantastic) service from my dealer. Neither the Audis nor the MINIs have been perfect in every way so I buy MINIs from choice and personal experience.

Are you really are still missing the MINI and wishing you could return to the fold? I'm sure there are other MINI dealers who will welcome you back.

;)
Minimad

Postby Barney » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Min mad

It makes me mad when idiots like you have to knock people like me, all I was doing was saying I had the same issues!

It's nice to see that other people have the same faults on their cars that I had on mine.

I am not repeating myself but expressing my issues. Not everyone reads old posts either.

Anyway not missing Mini at all and would never own another but o do still like to look at the old forums as I made some good friends on here,
Barney

Return to Problems, Bugs & Fixes